Dr. Eduardo V. Navajas is a subspecialist in Vitreoretinal Surgery. He joined the faculty of the Department of Ophthalmology, University of British Columbia in December 2014. Prior to this, he was attending Vitreoretinal Surgeon at Queens University, Kingston, Ontario.
Dr. Navajas provides medical and surgical care for patients with age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal vascular occlusion, retinal detachment, epiretinal membrane, macular hole and other diseases of the retina.
He is active in clinical research, having published peer reviewed articles, book chapters, and abstracts in society meetings. As a member of the Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, Dr Navajas is involved in clinical trials and is the principal investigator of the Diabetic Retinopathy Clinical Research network (DRCR.net) Eye Care Centre, UBC site. His research interests include biomedical imaging in surgical and medical diseases of the retina and new technologies in retina.
- Ocular Pathology ICO Fellowship, University of Toronto
- Ocular Oncology Fellowship, Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto
- Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellowship, St Michael’s Hospital, University of Toronto
- PhD in Retinal Imaging, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellowship, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Residency in Ophthalmology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Doctor of Medicine, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Awards and Distinctions
- International Council of Ophthalmology Peter Watson Award for outstanding performance
- International Council of Ophthalmology Fellowship Award
- Best Fellow Surgeon Award, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Toronto
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Retina Society
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- British Columbian Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
Dr. Navajas can be contacted at:
Eye Care Centre, Section C
2550 Willow Street, Vancouver, BC